MAKING A MUSIC VIDEO WITH ANIMATION
Everyone likes music videos: your task for this project is to create one of your own – the twist being, you have to create the music track too!
Creating a music track will provide you with an introduction to cutting-edge Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) Ableton Live. For the visuals, you'll be properly introduced to Adobe Animate and create a cartoon character to integrate into your video.
You will evidence what you have learnt by
1. Using your blog to write posts about your research and practical work.
2. Writing, recording and producing a music track
3. Making a music video to present your track
4. Evaluating and reflecting on your work
5. Presenting your work on your Year One website
I don't get it. Isn't this a VFX and Animation course? Why do I have to make a piece of music??
Well, you have to do a unit (Unit 5) called Investigating Audio Production and Technology, so there has to be some aspect of audio production in this project.
The college has only recently acquired Ableton Live and it's a fantastic, cutting edge DAW used by contemporary recording artists such as Diplo, Skrillex and Deadmau5.
Music is a basic human expression that we all share. Much of the terminology of music has found its way into film and video production, concepts like rhythm, tempo, timbre and pitch are commonly used. It's rare to find a film or video that doesn't include music in some capacity. This project gives you the chance to grasp some of the ideas of music not just as a listener but as a producer. Have I convinced you yet?
2. Understand the contexts within which creative media technology and production are positioned.
1. Be able to analyse an audio-based problem in creative media production.
2. Be able to use an integrated approach to audio-based creative media problem solving and production.
3. Be able to evaluate solutions to an audio- based problem in creative media production.
1. Be able to analyse a visual-based problem in creative media production.
2. Be able to use an integrated approach to visual-based creative media problem solving and production.
3. Be able to evaluate solutions to a visual- based problem in creative media production.
1. Understand processes and technical skills used in creative media production.
2. Understand the characteristics and methods of communication within a media context.
1. Understand design and research tools, methods and skills used in creative media production.
2. Understand primary and secondary research sources.
3. Be able to use design and research tools, methods and skills to inform ideas for creative media production.
3. Be able to carry out roles and responsibilities consistent with professional practice.
1. Understand critical perspectives that influence the analysis of creative media production activities.